Monday, February 20, 2012

Welcome, Lindsey!

I have SUCH exciting news today!  Recently, I have been smacked in the face by Ms. Reality.  She isn't very gentle either.  The realization that, while I try my best, I cannot be everywhere, do everything and do any of it half way decent, has hit me like a ton of bricks.  Yes, I do have some help in the form of one US Navy Chief but let's be honest, the Navy owns him right now so I am lucky to have an hour on weeknights and a few over the weekend.  I knew that if I wanted to accomplish my goals with A Joyful Soul Fabrics, I was going to have to find someone, and quick!  But, being in a new city (okay it's been 18 months but it's still new to me) and not really knowing a whole lot of people, I was fighting an uphill battle. 

Then one day, I get this email from a friend!  My very first thought was, "She's PERFECT!"  Thing's just sometimes work out that way, don't they?  When in need, the very thing you wish for presents itself!  Divine intervention?  Probably!

Meet our new Marketing Manager, Lindsey!

"I am a Texas native currently living in a small West Texas town. My husband and I lived in Chicago for a couple of years while he was going to school and that is where my love for sewing got started. I did not handle the winters there very well and decided to take sewing classes so I could have an indoor hobby when I was cooped up inside because of the weather. The first thing I ever sewed was a skirt made with Amy Butler fabric. I became obsessed with her fabric and ordered some on Ebay one day. Little did I know the seller was A Joyful Soul Fabrics, and just minutes from where I grew up in Texas! After my husband graduated we moved back to our hometown for a little while and I contacted Joy to come and see some fabric in person. I started sewing about 5 years ago and still have a lot to learn, but mostly enjoy making things for my home such as curtains, pillows and bedding as well as having the ability to do easy alterations.I still love Amy Butler and have some new favorites such as Heather Bailey and Anna Maria Horner. Lucky for me Joy sells those designers in her shop so I have never had to venture off too far when buying fabric. We kept in touch over the last few years and just recently reconnected which led me to a position to help her market her business! I am very excited to be a part of her team and look forward to contributing to the success of A Joyful Soul Fabrics!" ~Lindsey

A little more info about Lindsey that she left out, she has an adorable ETSY shop called Showered in Chic!  She makes custom shower curtains!  Check out her shop:  Showered in Chic  In addition to Custom Shower Curtains, you'll find other really cute items in her shop!

Lindsey has graciously accepted this position to help us network with various blogs offering fun giveaways!  If you have a blog or know of one that we should contact, please email us at shop@ajoyfulsoulfabrics.com.

WELCOME, LINDSEY!

2 comments:

Abbie said...

That's great, Joy! Welcome, Lindsey. :)

Connie said...

How great that Lindsey is so creative and will be working with you!