Friday, January 14, 2011

Meet my Heffalumps! No Woozles Allowed!

Winnie the Pooh was one of my favorites growing up! I had all the books, loved the Disney movie and even decorated my baby's nursery in Winnie the Pooh...Classic Winnie the Pooh. Because of my love for Winnie, elephants have always been "heffalumps" to me. Thought I needed to explain my title to those unfortunate few who haven't had the Winnie 101 Course yet!

I was so excited when Heather Bailey came out with her Effie and Ollie Elephant pattern. Now, this has been a while ago, maybe even over a year, and I am just now getting around to sewing up a circus of these cuties. This cute little heffalump can be used as a soft toy or pincushion. My dog prefers "toy". He's been eyeing my Ellie's with a truly disturbing look on his terrier face. I've hidden these little gems away where he'll never find them!


The cover of Heather's pattern has her three Ellie's towered like above. These are my "cool" Ellie's.
AND....here are my "swell" Ellie's!


Yikes! This tower looks like it's teetering!



And here are all my Ellie's on parade!

What a fun and easy pattern! I can honestly say that I don't have any tips for you on this pattern because all the tips I could think of that would make this pattern easy are already in the pattern. I've raved about Heather's patterns before. They are SO easy to follow. Her language is right up my ally! I truly understand the instructions and the sketches are exactly what you see in real life. She is a master pattern writer. I'm always amazed at what I've accomplished when I am finished with one of her patterns. Because of Heather, I've added "Toy Maker" to my resume! So cool!

These elephants will be traveling on the road with me in my own personal circus called "The Quilt Show Circuit". How appropriate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aw. they are so beautiful!
-madeleine sauve

sissie said...

Oh how cute....I have to make one! Just happened on your site.