Friday, March 26, 2010

Textile Artist Spotlight

Now that we are taking a break from the show circuit, I am hoping it will give me some time to get back to my blogging world! Don't get me wrong, I love the shows. While it does require an amount of energy I never thought I was capable of, it is so worth the sweat and cramping back! I'm a people person! Why did I choose to open an online store where all of my interaction is virtual? Well, in a perfect world, I would own my own shop. I've wanted to do that for a long time. It's still a plan too! If my best friend and I ever find ourselves in the same city, it WILL happen! For I know, that an endeavor as big as owning a brick and mortar shop is not one I can tackle alone! But, even though most of my interaction with my customers is via email, the shows allow me to meet a lot of you face to face! Occasionally, I meet someone online who happens to be local which is the case in my Textile Artist Spotlight today!

Lindsay and I met when she purchased some fabric from me while she was living in Chicago. It was quite a coincidence that her parents happen to live in my neck of the woods! When she and her husband moved back home to Texas, she sent me an email asking if she might come over to take a look at my Amy Butler collection and it was the beginning of a beautiful friendship!

A very gifted entrepreneur, Lindsay started her own etsy shop, Showered in Chic, making custom shower curtains and using mostly Amy Butler fabrics. Her shower curtains are beautiful! Yes! I own one! She was so busy with her etsy shop (and a full time job), she had to close it temporarily due to a huge demand for her product. What a problem to have! She's back up and running and offering more in her cute shop!

Lindsay has since moved away but we still keep in touch and she sent me some pictures of her latest work.


Click here to view these pictures larger


Isn't it gorgeous! Makes me want to have another baby! If any of you are interested in ordering a set from Lindsay, let me know and I'll hook you up!

Have a great day!

3 comments:

A Joyful Soul Fabrics said...

I have no idea why the slideshow isn't working and I am not skilled enough to figure it out (since I have spent the last 2 hours trying too with no solution)! Just click on the link below the slideshow and it will open up the Shutterfly album...sorry for the technical difficulties!
Joy

Lindsey said...

Joy, thanks so much for such sweet words and posting links and pictures with some of my stuff!

Next time I am in town, I will probably be by for some fabric!

Lindsey

A Joyful Soul Fabrics said...

It is my pleasure! You are so talented! It would be wonderful to see you next time you are in town!