Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Abilene to Oklahoma City!

Well, Abilene was this past weekend and it was so much fun! I've done this show now two years in a row and I have had such a great time. The guild is wonderful! So full of talented and genuinely nice people! My Mom stayed with Emme so she wasn't hiding under a table at this show which took a lot of the anxiety off of me! The people of Abilene LOVE Amy Butler and Heather Bailey! I am sold out of so many fabrics and I don't have enough time to order before Oklahoma City. I am cutting up more Birdie Sling kits tonight. Those were so popular this weekend! Also the Abbey Bag kit. Who doesn't want a flower pincushion with a scrap bag attached? Who? It was a lot of hard work but I am so proud of where our business has led us. I now specialize in two designers and I have expanded to a double booth at our shows. I just don't know how it could get any better! Take a look at our booth:












So we've been home for a couple days and now we pack up again tonight and head to Oklahoma City tomorrow morning. This is our last show for 2009. It's kind of bittersweet. I really look forward to these shows. I love working and talking with people. The relationships we've formed with other vendors on the road mean so much to me. I especially love it when a true fan walks into my booth. It feels good when someone understands my taste in fabric. It's not for everyone. I'll be the first to admit that. But I can't help that when I look at this fabric or tackle one of these patterns I feel this overwhelming sense of creativity. Like, the sky is the limit! I've never had that feeling before I became involved in the textile industry. I'm hooked! I want to thank each and every person who came by my booth this weekend. It was such a pleasure to see and meet all of you! If the Navy cooperates, we will most certainly be back next year! If you are in the Oklahoma City area, PLEASE come by and see me! This show sounds like it's a big one! I've not done it before but I received an email this morning saying that the 377 quilts are hung!! Sounds like heaven to me! We will be at the Oklahoma State Fairgrounds in the Cox Pavilion. Hours are Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10 am to 6 pm, June 18-20. I think I need a little cat nap before lugging 70 pound boxes into a trailer! See you in OKC!!

1 comment:

Frankie said...

Your booth looks fantastic, and huge too! Lots to see. Those quilts on the wall, you made those? They're amazing - that blue one especially I love!