Friday, November 14, 2008

Amy Butler Crib Bedding









I have had a couple people waiting on these pictures so this will be a quick post. Just wanted to post these pictures of the incredibly cute baby bedding I made for a friend. She picked out the fabrics and I put it all together for her. Most of it is my own pattern but I followed the basic instructions in Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little One's book. What great directions! I was able to follow the basic outline and customize the bedding how my friend wanted it. I am very proud of this project. It was my first bedding set and it turned out fabulous if I do say so myself (TOOT TOOT!!).

7 comments:

Jessica said...

This is gorgeous. We just paid someone with a shop on etsy to make basic crib bedding out of amy butler fabric- but this design is gorgeous. Wish I had seen it beforehand. Your friend is very lucky, and you did an awesome job.

graciela said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Joannah

http://windscreensite.com

A Joyful Soul Fabrics said...

graciela:
Thank you so much! It means so much to me that someone out there enjoys my ramblings!! Have a great day!

Jon, Shelley, Jetta, & Elena said...

Would you be interested in making some custom baby bedding for me? I love what you have done!

A Joyful Soul Fabrics said...

Hi Shelley!
Go to my website: www.ajoyfulsoulfabrics.com and hit contact us. Send me a quick email so I have your address and we can talk!
Thanks!
Joy

julie said...

I am glad to see an example of her pattern. I am thinking about buying the book and making my first set of baby bedding for a friend. This is really pretty! Great job!!

A Joyful Soul Fabrics said...

Thanks! I have the book in stock if you'd like me to send it to you! Just let me know!